With the holiday last week I forgot to post, so there's lots of pics for this week.
The commissioned swan quilt has been laid out into rows that are pinned together waiting for me to sew them together. Was trying to decide if I was going to do a modified quilt as I go or not on it and I think the answer is yes.
Next up was putting this panel that I found in my stash and don't remember buying into a quilt top. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the finished top, so it is just going into my stash of completed tops at this point. I do need to decide if i'm using the brown as binding so I can keep it all together tho.
I've also managed to get the wise men fused onto the row for my sample. Found a few tweaks that I need to make to the pattern (like adjusting the size of the three wise men so that they are not all the same so the perspective is better). And the star needs to go on. Then I can sandwich and quilt this one because it is going to be raw edge applique.
Once all that is done then I'll finish tweaking the written pattern and be ready to make the final sample once I receive the fabrics for it.
Next up was starting to work on picking up and straightening up my sewing room. It is a mess and getting hazardous to try to get to some of my thread totes.
But like usual, as I was doing that I got distracted by a stack of blocks that had been arranged some time ago. They are now sewn together in a top. Just need to find a fabric in the stash for a border, but I'm not sure what color I want to use on it.
And the final distraction was two snack mats. As I was putting stuff into the tote where these were, I pulled them out and finished them up. They are now in the tote with finished ones till I decide what to do with them.