Sewing got done this week, but don't have pics of all of it.
I've finished all of the quilting in the background of the challenge quilt and then spent the weekend figuring out how to make a canoe. However, since my thread matched the background, pics won't show it.
I ended up using a double layer of non-fusible peltex (like used in quilted postcards) that I stitched together to form the base. Then fused on a wood grain print over that. Satin-stitched the raw edges of all pieces. The sides are sewn together with a straight stitch, and then I glued the two sections (bottom/side) together this morning. I'll add some additional glue inside when I get home to strengthen the hold this afternoon. Then it'll be ready to attach to the quilt somehow.
I'm going to trim the quilt to size and put the binding and hanging sleeve on tonite. Then tomorrow I can start adding the "water".
Also this past weekend I did a lot of moving and sorting in my sewing room. I've gone through all but one box of my non-quilting fabric stash. That means I've gone thru 10 of the largest totes in my sewing room and 13 xerox boxes of fabrics...........net result is I have a much better idea of what I've got and what I'll actually use. I've done a lot of sorting out of stuff that I know I'll never use at this point. Kept things like the pants material that I have, the knits for tops, materials for gifts (need to get sewing to get things made up!), and fabrics for totes.
At this point I'm down by 3 of the large totes and 6 xerox boxes.....woohoo!!!!!!!!! What is going out will either be listed for sale or donated somewhere. Still lots to be done in the fabric room, but this is progress....altho it doesn't look like it...lol.