December 28, 2016

Moira: New blocks/finishes

I actually have pics of stuff that isn't a commissioned quilt, wonder of wonders....lol.

Finished up the last of the Christmas gifts this week.  Remade the snack mat for my niece so that it used the same fabric as the tea cozy.  And used a UFO piece of cross-stitch in it.   Feels good to have finally done something with that.

Also managed to get the first two F2F blocks made for December.   And have designed two different quilts for one of the blocks (no I haven't made them!)
 
Up this week - the final F2F block for December, making a block to submit for publication (hopefully!) in the next issue  of QuiltMakers 100 Blocks by top designers, and getting the first block of the BOM that I will be hosting on my blog ready to go.   Am aiming for double use out of the blocks that I will be making for the next commissioned quilt (and yes I'm starting to work on that one now).   And if I have any time leftover then I also need to start working on the replacement pillow cover that I need.

I'll also be helping at a New Yrs Eve church get-together where we'll be doing service projects including sewing little dresses for girls in Africa.   Taking both sewing machines and then will be helping to teach/guide as needed the others as we work towards making 6 or 7 dresses.

3 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

All great projects - you know how I love your blocks. I hope you met your goal and more last night! Be sure to tell us!

ladyhawthorne said...

Such a cute snack mat & tea cozy, very pretty colors.
Great quilt blocks as usual, you have such a good eye.
I know some little girls will be very happy with their new dresses!

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I love to look at your quilting projects. Great that you are also making dresses for Africa; that's a good cause!