November 8, 2016

Moira: Slow progress



 Started working on the quilting for my contest quilt this past week.   Didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but what is left is doable by the deadline to get pics uploaded.   At this point I have (well had) all of the straight sashing quilting, 5 of 10 border stars complete, 1 of 6 full stars complete, and 4 of 12 blocks completed.    However, I had to  do some frog-stitching last night to fix one border star that wasn't laid out correctly....oops............did most of it this morning, and will sewing the remaining two seams to finish the fix this afternoon.I have quilting plans for 4 of the remaining 8 blocks.....now to get them done.   Am still debating about the name, will be going with a star trek take off.....

second pic shows some of the quilting.   Click on either pic for a better look.








Got tired of mangling myself thanks to the multitude of pins.   Bought a pack of the foam door hangers that kids can decorate.  Then cut them up to make pin protectors.  They are working wonderfully....and I have 6 more of the hangers for replacements when needed.  =)










Got all of the tie blocks done for the commissioned quilt.   Just need time to get the center block done.






 This pic will give you and idea of what the final block will look like.   I'll be using a dk grey for the background that will peek out above the top of the shirt.   And yes, the tie really is tied (and by me!).    =)













Made over the weekend, but unplanned, was a new cover for my kindle after the one I'd been using decided to vanish overnite.  =(   Outer fabric was a leftover piece of home dec fabric from a commissioned project.  Not real happy with the way the zipper turned out, so I'll end up making another one before long so that it is easier to get the kindle in/out.


4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the Star Trek quilt and I found the oops! Pretty quilting, boy are you fast.
Good idea on the pin protectors, I use large safety pins myself.
Love the shirt & tie for the center of the commissioned quilt.

Judy S. said...

Nice work. I'm convinced that you must never sleep!

Moira said...

Sleep, who needs sleep Judy? Lol, Actually I do sleep....like Monday of last week when I went to bed at 4 pm and didn't get up (well to stay) until 4:30 the next morning! Normally tho I usually end up with about 6 hrs of sleep a night. And for me that is good.

Suztats said...

Wow! Lots accomplished this week, and I really like the Star Trek quilt. Love the shirt and tie for the center block.