November 29, 2016

Judy ~ No Longer MIA!

A  couple weekends ago a friend and I went to the annual Block Party Quilters show.
So many pretty quilts, and too many to show them all.  My favorite was the cat one. (Are you surprised?) It featured Laurel Burch fabric, and all of the cats were done with tiny seed beads!



Here are a few close ups: (If you double click on the photos, you can see the details.)




The sign tells you that it took the designer/quilter a year to do just the beading.



I fell in love with these dolls, too.  Have you ever worked with felted wool?  I have not.

We took these over to the GK today; Stella grabbed hers and ran into her bedroom where she hid them in a drawer.  Maybe she'll try them on some day?


 Max put his hat right on; it's a bit slouchy now but should fit for another Christmas season or two!


And of course I finished another two cowls.  You will be glad to know that the last one, at least for now, is on my needles.



November was crazy here. We had a big birthday bash for DH and lots of company. In between I've been doing some Christmas knitting. Hope you all are well and busy, too. Have a great week.

3 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Wow, I love the beaded quilt, especially the cats. A true labor of love. And the angel dolls are beautiful.

Very pretty sweater & hats, I know they are appreciated!

Cyra said...

Great to see this fabulous post Judy. The cat quilt is amazing, and a year!!! to stitch all those beads on, yes, I can imagine it would have taken that long.
The winged dolls are lovely too, such inspiring photos makes me want to sit and stitch more than I actually have time for at the moment.
Stella and Max have some great new additions to their winter wardrobe.

desertskyquilts said...

I thought you were going to hibernate for the winter. LOL