October 4, 2016

Moira: Back from the Reunion

Finished up the last of the 6 pillows on Wed. last week and left for my reunion on Friday morning.  Lots of time to spare.....lol......

I used three space saver bags to squash them flat enough to get them into my carry-on suitcase.  This is what they looked like the first time I sealed the bags.   Had to redo them because they wouldn't fit lengthwise into the bag.   So I opened and then re-positioned the pillows in each one and then resealed them.  had about 6" by the bag depth for my clothes...good thing I only needed enough for 2 days!







I also managed to get one new block designed and made a sample block of it.  I like this block because there are a number of ways to play with color on it.  Will be making more of this one.  

Actually I'm thinking of taking all of the last few blocks I've designed and putting them into a quilt design and then posting it for sale on Craftsy.   Just need to sit down and do it.







And finally, a pic from the weekend.   This was taken at lunch with 3 friends.   We were all BF's in high school and have remained friends since then, altho none of us have managed to stay in as good of contact as we should.  I'm on the far left.  The other three are scattered across California.

Reunion was good, and it was fun to be back in touch with long-time friends (some since elementary school!).  Sobering at the same time, tho to realize that 10% of our classmates have passed away.




4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that block! Glad you had a nice reunion. Time brings some happy and some sad changes, doesn't it?

Suztats said...

I really like that block! Looks like a colour explosion. I'm glad you had fun at your reunion and met up with your besties.

desertskyquilts said...

Great picture of you all. That is interesting -10%, wow. We lost quite a few to the Vietnam War, but I don't know what percent it is now.

Cyra said...

Another fantastic block.