October 25, 2016

Angela ~ Bible Cover and More

After looking at the ribbon trim I ordered, I decided it was too wide and the black background was not right.  So for the back of the cover I turned under the edges and appliqued it.  I will probably add a line or two of red embroidery to match the inside edge of the border and to cover the threads sticking out at the corners.  Not sure yet on the rest of the cover but I'm thinking that applique will work on the front also.

However, in looking for some thread I found 2 UFOs that were almost finished. 

Talk about perfect timing!
All I needed to do was finish the outlines on both and the hat on the top witch!

Now all I need is 2 simple frames, I think a Dollar Tree visit is in order for tomorrow.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your Bible cover is beautiful! Love those stitch projects, too. Very well timed!

Moira said...

love the cross-stitch projects! what size are they?

Suztats said...

Beautiful Bible cover! Fun and timely cross-stitched UFO's that are now finished. Well done.

ladyhawthorne said...

The witches are about 5 x 7 inches.

cq4fun said...

The witches are adorable. Love the cats with them, too. I like the addition of the thin line of red thread, that was inspired.