September 6, 2016

Suz: Fabric Card

Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry I haven't been posting. First, I was away for several days, then was unwell for most of a week. Once I was feeling better, I was busy painting instead of stitching, so I have nothing to show in the needle and thread department except this fabric card I made for a friend for her birthday last month.

the front of the card

the inside of the card

There is a lace pocket on the right side

the back of the card has a lace pocket, too.

My friend loves the colour blue, so I used pretty blue brocade, satin and silk ribbons and laces that I hand-painted or dyed. Lots of other laces and ribbons were added, too, with some dark blue velvet.

I made some special tags

and tucked them into their pockets

On the left is some lace, layered with blue foil, a layer of hand-dyed cotton, then a lace edging, satin ribbon and a blue lace butterfly. I love the layers.


a gelli-printed bird












tucked into the back pocket with the dangle tag



Happily, my friend loved her Birthday card!

I hope you've had a fun and creative week.

Hugs from Suz




4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Gorgeous is the only word for it!

Judy S. said...

Very pretty! I bet your friend will treasure that card; it's beautiful. I've been very bad about posting; the days have been slipping by with lots of yard work and some knitting. Now we are headed off to visit the GK.

Moira said...

Wonderful card! I'm sure that your friend will treasure it.

cq4fun said...

That's a GREAT card. I love the tags in the pockets, and that gelli bird is a wonderful gift all by itself. That's the kind of card one actually keeps. =)