September 27, 2016

Moira: More t-shirt pillows...........

This past weekend and this week I'm busy working on getting 6 t-shirt pillows done for a silent auction item(s) at my 40th HS reunion this coming weekend.    4 are finished, the 5th is in process and teh 6th is ready to start.    A friend supplied the shirts, and I'm supplying the rest as a donation to the auction.





Once I'm done with all 6, I'm going to be putting them into space saver bags and will "vacuum" the air out of them so that I can get them into my carry on luggage for the flight back to CA for my reunion this coming weekend.  

The pic below shows three little quilts - two table runners and a wallhanging (hand quilted!), that I pulled out of my completed quilts.   These will all be donated.   the wallhanging is going to a fundraiser for a no-kill cat shelter in CA, and the tablerunners are going to the group here that has been helping those affected by last years Christmas tornado.   They are currently collecting holiday decor as the families face their first Christmas since the tornado.  These were never used so this is a perfect thing to do with them.  

I'm hoping next week to be able to sew some for me!  lol.....I also need to get my contest quilt top basted, but have to find a place where there are big enough tables for me to use to do it.



6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I have a feeling those pillows will be the hit of the reunion.
Love the table runners, very pretty!

Judy S. said...

Fun pillows! What type of facing if any do you use to keep the t-shirts from stretching? My sis just had a horrible result with Pellon. Love that Noel table runner. Your projects are impressive as always. Have a great time at your reunion!

Moira said...

Judy - when I'm doing the pillows or t-shirt quilts for commissions I use the 99 cent Pellon interfacing. On the pillows tho I also put a cotton backing behind the t-shirt and then I quilt all three layers together. For quilts I make sure to do a real good job of quilting everything. I've got shirts set aside for a quilt for me, and have a very lightweight knit interfacing that I plan on using on them. It was a clearance one and I can't get any more of it.

Suztats said...

I bet those T-shirt pillows will be popular. What a great idea. Love the table runners! Have fun at your reunion.

cq4fun said...

How cute! Everything looks great, and I admire you for being so generous to those in need.

Cyra said...

Lovely pillows, and so good of you to create them for the silent auction. It is also very good of you to donate those lovely table runners to good causes.
Have fun at the reunion.