September 27, 2016

Judy ~ Finally Posting!

It's been ages since I posted anything here; we're just back home from a visit with our daughter, and prior to then I was madly working on her birthday gift.



Yes, I finally finished the Sampler Sweater in time for the birthday party, including sewing in a million ends. (And no, I don't have any secret method but wish I did.)



The back is slightly different from the front.  And if you look carefully, you can see how I messed up on the sleeves. (My own design element, right?)



I think she likes it!



Here's a closeup of the Interrupted Cowl I gave to a friend. It's made with a yarn called Bamboo Bloom and a fun, easy, and fairly quick knit.  After the first one,  I ordered two more skeins since it was such a fun knit.


And while we were gone, I finished this Twirly Skirt for Stella and gave it to her this past Saturday.  Hope you've all been well and happy!  Have a great week. I am anxious to catch up with all of you.

5 comments:

Moira said...

What a beautiful sweater! I'm sure it will be well loved. Great work on all of the other gifts as well.

Suztats said...

What a neat sweater! Lots of fun stitches. Love the yarn on the cowl, and that skirt is just too cute! Needle fun.

ladyhawthorne said...

Now that's a wonderfully fun and one of a kind sweater! Lovely projects all around.

cq4fun said...

Welcome back, Ms Traveler! I do like your twirly skirt.

Cyra said...

Oh I love that sampler sweater, what a fantastic design and looks great.
I see why the Interrupted Cowl is a favourite.
Twirly skirt is so cute, I bet she loves dancing around with that on.
Great to see you back btw.