September 27, 2016

Angela ~ A Little Repair

I've started a repair on my favorite bra.  I just cannot seem to find a new one that fits right so I keep repairing the old one.
The poor thing has lost whatever shape it once had so I cut apart one of those preformed t-shirt bras that was too big for me and lined the inside of my bra with the pieces.  The hook ends were worn out and getting rusty so I chopped those off and put on the ones from the new bra that didn't fit.

At this point I have only hand stitched it in place but later today I will get out the sewing machine and reinforce the hand stitches.

The kidney infection is pretty much gone, I feel much better and with cooler weather here this week I intend to get out in the garden again!

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

So glad you're on the mend! You are one clever stitcher; good work!

Moira said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Yeah for being thrifty and skilled enough to make the repairs / rework.

Suztats said...

That's very clever of you, Angela! Happy you're feeling better. Enjoy the garden.

cq4fun said...

Could you use it as a pattern to make more? That's not something I had ever thought to do, but I do buy the same brand and style year after year from Warner's. I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

ladyhawthorne said...

I've thought about it but honestly my shape keeps changing. If I were small enough I would go without, I only wear one now when I'm going to be in public.

Cyra said...

A good thrifty bit of stitching there. The 'old favourites' are always worth repairing and saving.