August 16, 2016

Suz: In the Middle

It's the middle of August already, and we finally had some rain, so the temperatures have cooled, at least for a couple of days.
I finished PPP #4:

A crystal and silver butterfly has flown to a bullion seam treatment


the finished block

I'm leaving the top section plain, at least until it's joined to the next block.
















 


PPP #5


















the fabric card for my sister is underway

auditioning fabrics and trims
these are tags I made for another fabric card

one of the finished pieces for the wrapping cloth had beads added to the flower lace

all the pieces have their buttonhole edging

This is the lay-out for the wrapping cloth. See those openings here and there? I have 2 other finished pieces that I may cut up and fit into the bare spots.........
The size as shown measures 49 1/2" by 51 1/4". I think that's large enough.  Now to finish joining all the pieces together!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

PPP#4 is wonderful and the butterfly is perfect.
Great start on PPP#5.
The fabric & trims for the blue card are gorgeous, how do you decide?
Those tags are keepsakes for sure.
That may be my favorite piece for the wrapping cloth, it looks like it will be a fabulous labor of love when you have it all complete.

Suztats said...

Sometimes it's hard to decide, Angela, so I try to choose based on the recipient's faves. My sister loves blue and gold, so this fabric just seemed perfect. Sometimes when I'm dithering, I just pick one and go with it. ;-)

cq4fun said...

Wow, that wrapping cloth really grew into something. I was never sure what it was to be, but this is quite lovely. I love your CQ block, too. The pin and the butterfly lace are just the right touch, and that motif, sort of wispy floral vine up the left side is very appealing.

Moira said...

the wrappng cloth is really turning out great! And your CQ blocks and the card are looking nice as well.

Cyra said...

The PPP's are pppperfect. Adore the butterfly and bullions.
The fabric card looks so delicate and lacy. Your sister will love it.
Wraping cloth - oh I never realised how big it was going to be. Can't wait to see the piece all sewn together. Must be nerve-wracking though for you to hope all the pieces fit.

Judy S. said...

It's fun to see all of your projects; I especially love the wrapping cloth!