August 2, 2016

Suz: August

Happy August! I hope this month brings us more rain and cooler temperatures.
Sorry I missed last week's posting, but I was having technical difficulties with our internet and had to wait a day for the technician to arrive.
I've been spending most of my stitching time on the wrapping cloth, adding a buttonhole stitch edging to each piece, then joining the pieces together, also with buttonhole stitch.


the right side

another piece to add

the left side

growing

draped over the loveseat

there are edged pieces awaiting their placement

the free-form tat is getting another addition, but this is how it looked before I added another row, more beads and picot rings













How the tat looks now. Sorry it's a bit blurry. I think once the beaded picot rings are finished,  the motif will be complete. But, you never know. I may change my mind. lol








That's all the stitching so far. I'm working on another fabric card which I'll show when it's all done and mailed away. But this is how my desk looks........








I've been painting and working in the gardens, too.

I hope your week has been a fun and creative one.
Hugs from Suz

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

It's pretty cool to see the wrapping cloth come together!

Cyra said...

Oh wow, that's a lot of buttonhole stitching. Looks good though. Nice to see how you are putting it together.

Moira said...

Lots of stitching in the wrapping cloth, but it is looking wonderful as you get it all together.

cq4fun said...

Your desk looks ... comfortable. =) The free form tat is great. I can't even imagine doing something without the pattern. I didn't know all those wrapping cloths were going to go together! It's looking fabulous already, but that is one lot of work!

Judy S. said...

Love that wrapping cloth; the touches of red and your intricate stitching make it perfect! And I have severe tatting envy over you skill in this department!