August 23, 2016

Moira: a little sewing and lots of unpacking......

I've now been the townhouse for 9 days, and it's slowly becoming liveable.......woohoo...........lol.   I've been able to clear out enough space to layout the blocks and sashing for my quilt top for the Modern Quilts design contest.    I still need to remake at least one set of the sashing units (the light yellow at the bottom right of the pic) but to do that I need to find where the tote with my fairy frost fabrics is.    And to do that I have to get my fabric room where the stash is in order......sigh.....hopefully this week.   Or else I'm going to have to order another color.  

I've played around with the layout of the blocks since this pic was taken, but you get the general idea of what it will basically look like.

Am also debating about what to name this ..... it'll be a play on something star trek-y in nature since my pieced units unintentionally look similar to the communicators on Star Trek.

And if you're interested, you can click here to see pics from the house as I unpack and get things set up that I've put up on my blog.


4 comments:

Cyra said...

Love how the quilt blocks are coming together now, and the sashing design is lovely too. Hope you find the missing pale yellow for it.
The unpacking is still going on here too. I have finally managed to set up shelves and sewing table how I want them in one half of my craft room. The other half is still a big mess of boxes etc though. It will all come together nicely in the end.

Suztats said...

Sewing again already?! Wow. I don't think I could settle down to sew until everything was ship-shape and sorted. I know, I'm a pain like that. (When we travelled to the cottage, I couldn't go swimming until all the un-packing was done, and everything was put away.) The quilt blocks look great together! Hope you get everything all organized soon.

Moira said...

I'm on a time crunch with the quilt Suz, hence the need to sew before everything is "perfect". And the worst room at the moment is the fabric room and it's upstairs out of sight of the sewign room. That helps as well. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

It's fabulous! Those block look like galaxies so a Star Trek name would be perfect.