August 2, 2016

Moira - Busy Days......

Moving is now less than a week away......Truck will be loaded next Monday, and we hit the road on Tuesday morning.  Hard to believe that time is flying by so fast now.

Packing and cleaning is most of what I'm doing these days.....but have also been able to do a wee bit of sewing during the last couple of weeks.   I've finished off 4 more scrub tops, that makes 14 made to this point.   Don't know if I'll get anymore done, but the box will be mailed off to my customer this week.   Will have to let her know where to mail payment later 'cause I still don't have anyplace rented yet.  =P



Yesterday I turned in my row-by-row quilt to one of my fav shops here in Wyoming and was the winner for that shop.  My winnings for being the first one for it was to pick 25 FQ's of my choice.  =)   Lots of fun being able to go "shopping" for free.  =)










I also finished up the remaining 15 flag blocks that I had PP patterns for.   these will go with the other blocks I had already made into two American Hero blocks.   One will be all flag blocks, and the second one will have some other blocks with them made also from the remaining pp'd patterns that I have from a long ago quilt.


The next couple of weeks will not see much of any sewing done.....will have time to some this week, but after the 9th there won't be anything but cross-stitch until I can find somewhere to live.   Am turning in an application today....but haven't a clue how long it will take to go thru the approval process.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The quilt if wonderful, congrats on winning!
Take some time to rest in between packing and cleaning. Moving can be traumatic and wearing on a person.

Cyra said...

Love the quilt. So happy for you that you got the lovely prize.
Good luck with the move, hope it all goes according to plan, and that you find somewhere to live soon.

Moira said...

Thanks for the complements! I am taking time to do other stuff other than just packing and cleaning. =) Which is why I'm still getting sewing done....lol.

Moving I can deal with....the trauma this time is not knowing where I'm going to be moving to (what actual place). I don't do well with uncertainty and lack of control in situations like this.

cq4fun said...

Your shelves look so bare! I know you are getting down to the wire, and could probably use just ONE more week! I'm so glad that the shop you liked was the one where you could be the winner. 25 FQs is a lovely stash to take home. I did notice some blue, too. =)

Suztats said...

Congrats on your quilt win! Ah, to do some free shopping must be fun. Hope the move goes well and smoothly, and you find a great new spot to call home.

Judy S. said...

Congrats on the win! I love that turtle fabric! Have a good move!