August 9, 2016

Judy ~ A Little Sewing and Some Knitting

This week has been fairly busy, but I did finish a couple more projects.  A while ago Dee found a great free pattern for some yarn in my stash!  Shocking, eh? The Interrupted Cowl is fun to knit, so fun that I ordered two more skeins of Bamboo Bloom in different colors.


In a recent email, DD#1 mentioned that Sophia would really like a nightgown.  That inspired me to find a quick pattern (Thank you, Center Diamond Fabric Shop in Cannon Beach, OR.) and crank up the sewing machine for the first time in ages.  It took 45 minutes in line locally to get the fabric cut, but the wait was worth it; next time I'll get the fabric with my patterns.


It's way too warm in the Midwest for a long nightgown, and the pattern had a shortie version complete with bloomers. Sewing is so much faster than knitting, at least for me.


Hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Love those little bloomers that go with the butterfly night dress, so cute!

Barbara Curiel said...

What an adorable nightie! Yikes, 45-minutes waiting for fabric to be cut. I don't think I could've waited that long.

Suztats said...

The butterfly fabric is perfect for a summer nightie. The bloomers are so cute! Love the cowl!

Cyra said...

That is a gorgeously cute nightdress set.

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the nice comments! Hope you all are having a nice summer!

cq4fun said...

Oh, I didn't notice the cute little pants that went with the dress. I hope you'll get a picture of her in it.