July 12, 2016

Suz: Hot Stitching

(Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't get the timing wrong for posting......)
Well, actually it's been a little too hot to stitch much, so I've been playing with paints and markers. ;-)
I did make a tiny bit of progress on the wrapping cloth, and PPP #4, and I did a bit of tatting, too.


A bit of lace trim on the left, and the beginnings of a vine is all I accomplished on this piece.















I completed trimming the flowers with the gimp, and I've begun edging with buttonhole stitch. Next I'll begin adding the pieces together.

More Mary Konior's designs.

( Onionskins- top)



( Skipping Ropes)

MK's  Merry Wives
 Mary's Butterfly  (Maria Pop)

I made some minor changes on this one, but it doesn't look much like a butterfly, does it?
 
Neither does this one!  lol!
 
But perhaps my sweet granddaughter will like these anyway.
 
 
I hope you've had a fun and creative week.
 
Hugs from Suz 

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Looks like a good start on the PPP.
I am always fascinated by your tatting. I had a gt aunt that tatted but I never learned how.

desertskyquilts said...

The nice thing about tatting is that it doesn't have to look like anything in particular to still look great. I like all your tatted bits, and the colorful threads you've been using. I also love the vine you started.

Cyra said...

The vine is looking great on the PPP. I really must find my tatting needle again, yours is so inspiring me to try it again. Love the variegated thread. My local embroidery group have organized a shuttle tatting lesson, but not until Sept/Oct. It will be interesting to see if I get on any better with a shuttle.

Judy S. said...

Always love to see your tatting! And all of your other projects, too.

Moira said...

Love seeing your tatting! The variegated thread works up great.