July 5, 2016

Moira: running behind again

I really did mean to get this posted on time and didn't manage to get that done.....sigh............

I've been sewing like crazy this past week to get things done and managed to make a credible dent in my to-do list.  

First up where Rows 3-5 for my Row-by-Row quilt.   Two were from Wyoming and one from Tx.




Next up were two more scrub tops.   Finally some new fabrics!



Unfortunately, with all the progress I've made I received  6 more pieces of fabric for scrub tops today.   That equates to 12 tops.   Which leaves me with 33 tops to sew up and doesn't count the flannel I have here for her as well.

Also finished was this quilt that I've been calling the "Tornado Quilt".   It is a lap quilt and will be going to a couple (dad/stepmom of a church friend from TX) who lost pretty much everything last Dec. 26th when their home was one of the ones destroyed by a tornado in the town where I used to live in Texas.   I know it isn't much, but hopefully it will bring a note of happiness to them as they continue to rebuild their lives after the storm.  Everything for the quilt came from my scraps and stash.

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

I thought of you today when I complimented a nurse (where I volunteer) on her scrub top, and she told me she got it online. You've done a whole lot, and so many different things, too. I love the row by row quilt-to-be pieces!

ladyhawthorne said...

The row by row quilt is really cool. Very creative.
Seems like just when you think you have things in hand, you get handed something else on top of it!

Cyra said...

What a lot of stitching going on there.
First the row-by-row (and lovely it is too), then the scrub tops (a great commission), and then to top it all off you make a gorgeous quilt for some friends in need. You really amaze me with your talents Moira.
When I grow up I'd like to be you please.

Suztats said...

I really like the row-by-row quilt pieces. My, what a lot of scrub tops on your to-do list! Hopefully you enjoy making them especially with some new fabrics. Love the tornado quilt. You rock.

desertskyquilts said...

As usual, you are over-achieving. LOL It's okay to sleep once in a while!

Moira said...

Sleep.....what's that? I'd be happy to sleep for more than a few hrs a nite.....doesn't seem to happen tho the older I get. =P

And yes, the new fabrics for the scrubs really does help! I'm sooooooo bored with all of the old stuff that she keeps buying over and over and over.....

You are so sweet Cyra! And inspiring to me!

Thanks for the complements on the Row-by-Row everyone!