July 19, 2016

Moira - Moving along.....

Pun intended there....last Sunday I finally got the formal job offer and accepted it (both by email).  Monday I turned in my resignation at school (Yeah!!!!!) and gave notice at the apartments where I live.    Packing has started here in my apt with my bedroom being done (except for the necessities for the next 3 wks) as well as the storage room (little more than the size of a walk-in closet w/o a hanging rod, but filled with boxes and totes).   Have also pretty much finished with the boxes and totes in teh hallway.  (Can you say no storage in this apt?)

Also almost done is the room that I've used as my fabric stash room.  Yes I can still get to fabric that I need because it's all in boxes and totes.  =)  Kitchen has been started on, that should be down to the bare minimum by the middle of next week.   And the pantry has been culled with all the out of date stuff being tossed.   Have even started on the sewing stuff......sigh............  Next up I need to start cleaning things like baseboards, ceiling fans, etc while I can get to them......lol.

And in between all of that I've been looking online for a place to live and sewing.   Have three possible places for friends to check out.   Just waiting for listing realtors to respond to my realtor about them.

Did finish off the top for the row-by-row quilt and have it pinned and ready to quilt.   Also finished two more scrub tops, which makes 9 our of 36 tops done.    And got the news that she's already purchased 2 more pieces of fabric for more tops......any wonder why I never get through this pile of fabric?

Oh and forgot to say, adding to the fun of getting ready to move is a quick trip to Idaho (quick as in 4 days counting travel) to visit with long time friends before I move.....more quilt shops and rows to come!   lol....



8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Sounds like you are really being organized for the move. Good luck with all of it.
I'm wondering...are all these scrubs for one person to use?

Moira said...

Yup, the gal I make them for is a pediatrics nurse in a hospital. And yes she wears the. Most are holiday prints, but not all of the material is the greatest quality because she buys it from joann's for the most part.

desertskyquilts said...

Does she wear these and then toss them away? Because you must have made a hundred in the last few years! I'm glad you are getting to see your friends. It's a shame to be so close and not visit. Have a great time! And rows. Yay! Looks great.

Moira said...

No she doesn't toss them....they just aren't necessarily of great quality. So I think when they get too faded they get tossed at that point.

Cyra said...

Congrats on the job offer. Hope all goes well with the move.
Lovely to see the row-by-row top complete.Looks good.

Judy S. said...

Congrats on the new job and good luck with the move. Every time I see a cute scrub top, I think of you!

Barbara Curiel said...

Good luck on the move and congratulations on the new job. It sounds like you're a very organized mover, I hope things go smoothly.

Suztats said...

The row on row quilt looks great! Is the Dory fabric for another scrub top? It's cute. Have fun visiting your friends. Sounds like you're on top of everything re the move.