July 19, 2016

Barbara's Pokey Dot Throw


I wanted to make a baby gift for a young couple expecting their first baby and I found a free Red Heart Yarn pattern Pokey Dot Throw.   (This link is to the Ravelry page as the Red Heart page was down when I wrote this post.)  It's a very easy pattern, perfect if you have a bright group of small bits of yarn.  It was fun to make all the circles at once, and then to add the background stitches that would make them into squares.


This made up very quickly and it left me with the desire to make myself a granny square afghan, but in bright colors.  So since I had to buy some white to finish this blanket, I treated myself to a few skeins of bright colored yarn for my dream afghan.  I'm researching various pattern and when the fancy strikes, I'll be ready to begin.

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

What a pretty blanket, I bet it will be much appreciated.

Judy S. said...

Hmmm...I thought I posted but it must have been on your blog. Cute blanket. I love it!

Suztats said...

Love the pokey dots! Looks great and is sure to be enjoyed.

Cyra said...

What a great baby blanket. Love how bright and cheery it is. And I can so see a granny square afghan done in your bright colours for you to enjoy as well. I look forward to seeing that one next week lol.

desertskyquilts said...

Very cute baby afghan! That works for whatever gender, too, always a plus. You know the best equipment still makes mistakes, and I know some families who don't want to know beforehand, so this is a great gift!