July 26, 2016

Barbara's Fresh Ironing Board Covers


My ironing board cover was looking pretty terrible, so I recovered it.


I used this funny vintage fabric, a package of double fold bias tape,  and this YouTube tutorial.   It makes ironing much more pleasant. 


While I was at it, I also recovered the ironing pad I keep next to my sewing machine.


I covered it with another piece of vintage fabric by just folding it over to the back side and taping it down with blue painter's tape.

It's amazing the things that will give you a fresh lease on life.

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Very nice! Anything that makes ironing more pleasant gets a gold star in my book.

Judy S. said...

Great idea! Fun results, too.

Suztats said...

Hmmm, I don't like to iron at the best of times, but your new cover looks fresh and pretty. Still wouldn't tempt me though.....lol!

Cyra said...

Great to have a fresh look to your workspace. Love that vintage fabric.

cq4fun said...

What happy fabrics! Nice to freshen up the place a little. Yes, it doesn't take much!