June 14, 2016

Moira - Trip and Voting for Block



Almost one week into my 3 wk road trip.   Had made some serendipitous travel plans as I've been able to make a couple of unplanned quilt shops including the Missouri Quilt Star Company thanks to driving right by the exits for the stores.   Did behave myself because I'll be visiting a number of the shops participating in the Row-by-Row shop hop on the way home so I have to be good.  =)   So far the fabric I've bought in the quilt shops has all had a plan for it so that is a good thing.   (We won't talk about the remnants I bought at the one quilt store or Joann's....).   Today I head for Tennessee and Susan's place.   Will get to spend the next couple of days with her before heading back west to Texas and eventually back to WY.

Meanwhile, voting for this months blocks has started.   Voting goes thru tomorrow and my block is tied with the other gal that has won 6 months out of the 10 that have happened so far.  

If you would like to vote for my block (has to be done thru facebook) then click here, then (after signing into FB) click on the vote button for the block that is titled "Path to the Stars".

The squares in the background that are pieced were made with the scraps of the other blocks.  I free-form pieced them from cut off triangles, shading the colors from dark to light blue and silver.  The quarter square circles were machine appliqued down.


5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

Cyra said...

Enjoy your break. Good to hear the quilt shops are benefiting from your trip, lol. Good luck in the voting on Path to the Stars, heading over there now to cast my vote.

Suztats said...

Safe travels! Have fun in the quilting shops. I'm off to vote.

Moira said...

Thanks for the votes! I did end up winning (well unless a flurry of votes comes in before they take the voting buttons down.)

Susan and I are having fun while i'm here.....sewing today!

desertskyquilts said...

Congratulations on your win! Love the colors in the block.