June 28, 2016

Moira - I'm back!


Not a lot of sewing done this past week thanks to my travels.

Did get some sewing done after getting home and made up two of the rows that I'd picked up in my travels.  One of which I'm going to need to do a little bit of fixing on to make the correct length......and I need to get out my 9.5 inch ruler 'cause using the wrong sized ruler w/o thinking is what caused the problem with the too small row.  =(

Also managed to get a good bit done on the current piece of cross-stitch.   Shouldn't be a problem to get it done in time to be used in the planned Christmas gift for this year....travels and upcoming move not withstanding.

Have also started working on the next two scrub tops.  Will be headed into school this morning to use the tables there to cut the remaining fabric up (15 or 16 tops) today.   Have more fabric for scrubs being shipped to me as well and  have no clue how much there will be.

I also need to pin the tornado quilt so that I can quilt it and get it sent off to it's new home while i've got use of the tables.

My drive home from Texas was broken up by stops at several quilt stores along the way.  Picked up the patterns for each shop's row, and yes there were some fabric goodies bought - altho most of it all already has plans for it.  



Bargain of the trip has to be the sale bag of FQ's - a bag the size patterns come in, and all you can fit in there for $20.   I managed to get 13 FQ's....a much better price per FQ than the $3 they were normally.  =)  And yes most of them are for various swaps or for my alphabet fabric stash (found two with x's on them!).

I've got plans to visit 5 more shops here in Eastern Wyoming this week to pick up the rows they have.   There are several more I'd like to visit, but they are in the opposite direction in the state and many miles away from where I'll be.

As for the outcome of the trip, I did have the interview and have been verbally offered the job.   Am waiting on the formal offer to arrive in the mail sometime this week.  At thsi point the plan is to move sometime the first week of August and then start work at the new job on 8/16.   Lots of fun coming up for me.


4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Sounds like you had a great trip all the way around!
What part of TX will you be moving to? We might have to have a meet up of those of us here in TX.

Suztats said...

Congrats on the new job, Moira! Those FQ's are a nice selection. I'm glad you had a good trip. It didn't slow your production down very much. I love the owl fabric. Happy packing. My SIL is moving the end of July, so I'll be helping her pack some boxes.

Moira said...

I'll be in the Dallas area, most likely on the east side of the metroplex. the new job is in Dallas.

Thanks for the congrats!

Barbara Curiel said...

Congratulations on the new job, though I understand not looking forward to the actual move. Good score on the FQs, fabric has gotten so expensive.