June 14, 2016

Cyra - glimpse of NZ

I have no excuses for you. There has been no stitching of any kind this week.

I have enjoyed the company of our daughter who came to stay for a lovely extra long weekend, her first visit to our new home, and she loves it as much as I do.

The photo is Mount Taranaki from our place during the week. We went up there twice during our daughters stay here. 'Crisp' is probably not enough to describe it up there, lol. 
NZ is in winter season at the moment. No snow this far down though thank goodness, but it makes an awesome scene.
Did I mention that I love it here?


We also had a great day out at Hollard Gardens, Kaponga, and came away with so much inspiration for my own garden. All I need now is time, and good weather.

Since she has left I managed to plant lavender and some wild flowers in one of the front 'curves' on the edge of the drive, and quite a few vegies in the back garden, but rain has since stopped any more plantings.

On another day we took a picnic to a Lake near Eltham that we had not been to before.
We were amazed to find that the whole lake and surrounding park-like grounds and forest was totally enclosed with secure, vermin-proof fencing, which meant it is a sanctuary for wild birds (although none made it into this shot). 


We were blessed with quite a few great days weatherwise for the long weekend.

Hope to get back to stitching on something this week if it continues to rain here.





5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Those views are indeed beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Suztats said...

Lovely photos, Cyra. Gee, I wouldn't have gotten any stitching done either.

Moira said...

beautiful scenery! I'm not sure I'd manage to get any stitching done with views of that sort waiting for me to explore.

desertskyquilts said...

What beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing. It's awesome to live at the bottom of a mountain like that one.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful photo! We've had company this week, too, with little to show in the way of crafting. Next week maybe?