June 28, 2016

Barbara's Zippered Bags


A friend recently gave me a shopping bag full of home dec samples.  They turned out to be the perfect size for some small zippered bags.  I had a small stash of thrift store zippers, and armed with some on-line tutorials, I made up a few bags.


I used some of these on-line tutorials:  Jedi Craft Girl's My Favorite Zipper Pouch, The Sewing Loft's Zipper Tab Tutorial, and the Fat Quarter Shop's video tutorial on making a simple bag.

Since home dec fabrics are heavier than conventional fabrics, there's no need to add a batting or liner.  The two layers of fabric create a substantial bag and it was fun to mix and match the fabrics. 

4 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh lovely bags. I like the fabrics and how the inner fabrics match the outside ones.
The rear bag is my favourite.

Suztats said...

Very pretty bags! I like the dragonfly fabric bag and the front one, too.

ladyhawthorne said...

I like them all and they are sure to be very handy!

Moira said...

Great work on the zippered bags! These reminds me that I need to make myself one to hold my cross-stitch for when I travel, I've run out of space in the one i've been using.