May 24, 2016

Susan: Nothing to Talk About

I realized today that last week was almost entirely unproductive, as far as quilting was concerned. The whole month of May has been. But some things moved forward at a snail's pace ... just not much worth posting. I'll show you the goodbye quilt for a friend leaving to go back to Salt Lake. The blocks were made by several of us, and I was elected to put them together. It's 76" square, so too big to get a really good picture.


I couldn't even smooth it out, or get quite the whole quilt in. That was 3 hours this morning, and don't ask what I did the rest of the day because I'm not sure, other than a nap and a little work.

5 comments:

Suztats said...

That's a wonderful going-away gift. She'll think of all of you every time she uses it. Such nice colours.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful! I love the design of the blocks and the colors, too. She will love it.

Cyra said...

It's amazing how the days just disappear. That's a lovely quilt for a leaving present. I'm gathering ideas for a blue and yellow quilt for my daughter, so I'll be adding yours to my inspiration folder. Thank you, lol.

Moira said...

What a great gift for a friend who's moving. I'm sure she will love it.

ladyhawthorne said...

A gorgeous quilt, I always like home made gifts the best.

Naps are definitely on my need to have list.