May 10, 2016

Moira: Lots of quilting

Lots of quilting done this week.

Thankfully my machine decided to play nice as I worked on getting commissions finished up, even on some free-motion quilting, something it almost never does.  Three commissioned quilts were quilted - two were panels that someone asked me to quilt, and then the green/cream star quilt that I'd designed and made a while back.   The panels I don't have to bind and they will be shipped off this week.   Just the binding and label is left on the stars.  Am thinking a binding to blend with the background on the quilt.



Took the leftover flannels from the memory quilt that I finished last week and put together a quilt top that will be a donation.   Have it together now, even tho the picture only shows the blocks laid out.   Just need to find a border fabric for it and am still debating on color......grey or tan are what I'm thinking at the moment.......will end up using whatever is in my stash tho.

Also managed to finally get my block entry for the Modern Quilts block contest completed and will post that later today to the challenge page for voting that runs the 11th thru the 14th.

The block was easy to piece, but that center is going to be a pill to quilt....guess who will be avoiding it!

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Oh my, that star block is fabulous! Great projects all around and lots accomplished this week.

Suztats said...

I like the star one, too, and I really love the elephant/animal quilt. So cute. Lots of great quilting.

Debra Dixon said...

I quilted that kid print for a charity quilt once.

The star block turned out great with the 3 color gradation.

Cyra said...

Love the star block, on a larger scale it would make a great medallion middle for a quilt.

cq4fun said...

I love seeing the green star finish, especially. That's been a favorite of mine all along. Best of luck with the Modern Quilting competition!