May 3, 2016

Judy~ Finally a Couple of Finishes!

Despite working in the yarn nonstop and a weekend of GK babysitting, I have a couple of finished projects to share: a sun hat for Stella and a cowl.



This pattern appealed to me because it's adjustable. I added the felt flower and a little charm that I found at Rainy Day Knits in Gig Harbor. The yarn is Cascade Sunseeker and has a bit of sparkle that doesn't show up in the photo.



I first saw this cowl pattern on Dee's blog and finally tried it. For some reason I found it a bit challenging but would make it again in a heart beat!



For some reason it looks blue but is really a silvery gray in Knit Pick's Galileo.  I had quite a bit of yarn left, but used more than one skein. You can check my blog to see what's happening outside: the sun's been shining and the yard work waits.


7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

What a sweet hat and beautiful cowl, you are so very talented!

cq4fun said...

Cute little charm on the flower of the hat. Hadn't noticed that before. Pretty color for the cowl, too.

Debra Dixon said...

both are fab-o!

Cyra said...

Oh love that hat. Did you make the felted embellishment piece too?
Nice cowl as well. If you made it a little bit bigger you could it as a corset, lol, as it already has the waist shaping for it.

Suztats said...

I do like that cowl! Betcha Stella will be adorable in her new, cute hat!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the nice comments! I did not felt the flower; I found it and some felted kitty headsn that I've not used yetn but can't remember exactly wher,. the local quilt shop, I think.

Barbara C said...

The lace pattern on the cowl is beautiful. I'm sure it required some extra concentration