May 10, 2016

Debra: Improv Quilt for a Friend

One of my good friends recently lost all her personal household goods in the Houston flood.  We have a history of dog rescue together.  I want to sew a quilt for her.  While looking through various boxes, I discovered I had enough parts from previous improv work to put them together for a queen sized quilt.  I hope it will clear out another pile for me!  Angela, you'll notice the strips you stitched for me.  They'll find a good home now!  
I have patched together a backing from dog prints.  She'll be thrilled!  



5 comments:

cq4fun said...

I'm so sorry for your friend. I wondered if you'd know anyone who was involved in the huge losses. I think this will be a great quilt - and you have enough for a queen! That's super!

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm so glad you're doing this and that the quilt strips have a home now. I know it will be fabulous!

Suztats said...

The best quilts are those made with love. This will be a beauty, and much appreciated, I'm sure.

Moira said...

I'm sorry for your friend. I know tho that this quilt is made with love, and your friend will love it!

Cyra said...

So sad to hear of your friends bad luck in the flood. How absolutely lovely of you to make her big quilt, something she can snuggle under to remind her that she has people around her who care about her.