May 3, 2016

Debra: Entering a Juried Show

I really hustled this past week and sewed 2 new raw edge pieces.  I entered a very tough competition for a space in a downtown Houston craft museum show this fall.  One day before the deadline I was calling in favors looking for a professional photographer who could photograph the pieces.  I met her at her home studio.  We hit it off splendidly and she's agreed to photograph my work for a professional portfolio & website.  It will be a first!  I really need both to move forward with my gallery representation plans.

Her sons were adorable and I couldn't resist a quick picture of one enjoying my artwork!


7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I just love how colorful your work is, just as exuberant as that little boy.

Suztats said...

That's a great kick-off to a new chapter! Love the new piece!

Judy S. said...

Impressive! I'll bet you know their socks off. Good luck!

Cyra said...

Fabulously delightful to see that little chap enjoying the vibes from your art quilt.
Hope your gallery plans come to fruition. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Barbara C said...

Good for you for working on your artwork. That's a striking quilt, and the picture with the boy is really fun.

Debra Dixon said...

Thanks Friends!

desertskyquilts said...

I'm glad you are exploring that outlet, Debra. I think that quick photo you took is about the best advertisement you could have for your artwork!