April 19, 2016

Suz: Some Progress

The weather has been fabulous the last several days, and in spite of spending several hours in the gardens each day, I've managed to make some progress on my projects. I was absent last week. My sister was here visiting for several days as we celebrated her birthday. One of her gifts was this fancy wine bottle holder I made just for her. Blue is her favourite colour.

Sis loved it! I had fun creating this and then making the beaded dangles for a touch of bling. I wonder if she will gift it away, or keep it for display.

















I added lots of blue thread to the silk panel.







and some purple, too.
















There is some altering in the size of the panel as I stitch. I'm not too unhappy about it, as it creates an organic feel to the piece.

Lots more stitching and other additions are in the plans for the silk panel. I expect this will be a slow piece evolving over the next several months.












 The wrapping cloth piece has seen some additions, too, over the last 2 weeks.
french knots, Josephine knots, a dorset button


more french knots

a beaded Josephine knot cluster, and a tatted frill

dangly bits with buttons, a shell sequin, and a sparkly bead


a row of bullions on the pocket top

and another on the pocket bottom

beads added to the frill

more beads added to the dorset button and the Josephine knot cascade

and some on the pocket, too

The edges have been buttonhole stitched, and this piece is now complete.














Next is this wrapping cloth piece. It includes a pocket from my favourite white blouse. Once the tacking is finished, I'll be adding some fun embellishments.

I hope you've had a pleasant, sunny and creative week.

Hugs from Suz


5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

You've kept pretty busy, makes me feel like a slacker, lol. Love the new wrapping cloth piece with the pocket, can't wait to see where you go with it.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

like the dangly bits with buttons!

Cyra said...

Oooh! Lovely eye-candy. I'll be eagerly following the progress on the silk panel, it looks very interesting so far.
Love the Dorset button (I was born in Dorset, UK), and those Josephine knots look rather minute, very neat, but still minute, lol.

cq4fun said...

Like Debra, I like the dangly bits. That's striking. You are doing a lot of what seems very much like art.

Moira said...

Lovely work. What a great idea to use the pocket from a favorite blouse in teh next piece.