April 5, 2016

Susan: CQJP2016, March Update

Seam17

There was some inspiration for Seam 16, above, from a seam on Phyllis L's block. As usual, though, I got carried away and here it is. The purple is Sassa Lynne Fine Perle and the green in between is an Aurifil 12. Both are 100% cotton threads. The beads are glass Japanese delicas.

There's been a lot of talk about cotton fabrics in CQ blocks. I use only natural fabrics, usually cotton, silk dupioni and linen. This year's blocks are all linens pieced on cotton foundations.

Here's Seam 17, inspired by Cindy B's block. I didn't do the seam exactly the same as the left upper seam Cindy did, but similar. The seed stitching began as an idea to do running stitch around the lace heart, and went somewhere else.

Seam18

The red-orange and the blue-purple are Sassa Lynne fine perle and the yellow is Aurifil 12, both 100% cotton. The beads are Japanese delicas.

Seam19

The vine on Seam 18 is Valdani Perle 8, color JP 7, the greens are Sassa Lynne fine perles, and the beads are Japanese delica triangle beads. That one started out as something completely different-looking on the bottom of Flora B's block. Then I got carried away.

The whole block, just for Judy.


I apologize to everyone for not commenting on last week's posts. I did look at them, and I thought I'd come over and comment, but time got away from me and I just realized I never did. I'll do better this week.

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Another gorgeous block. My favorite is the vine on seam 18, I just love the movement.

Suztats said...

Lovely seams, Susan! There's nothing better than getting carried away on a CQ block because that usually means making it your own.

Cyra said...

Love all the seam embellishing. Great to see the full block too as it shows how all the seams flow together nicely.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

The vine! All the way!!

Moira said...

love it!