April 5, 2016

Moira - Finishes and a new start...........


Commissioned t-shirt quilt is finished along with the remaining two pillows.....happy dancing here in Wyoming for those completions.






































I also finished up another couple of little cross-stitch pieces thanks to the time in Casper for doc appointments on Friday.









Also finished was the second test pp'd block.




















And I started making blocks for a new donation quilt.  The four-patch centers are made from the sashing from the t-shirt quilt.   Blocks are 5" finished in size.  The solids that I put around them are from my scraps.   Made a wee dent in the bag of solid scraps making these blocks.   Still thinking about border options.   Debating between just a solid black border (~4" in size), or a black inner border and then a novelty print final border.  this will end up as a donation quilt for Sunshine Quilts.

And nope, the platelets aren't cooperating, but chemo is done for the moment.   Now it's a wait and see scenario for several weeks to see what the critters do.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

Nice finishes! I really like the donation quilt, too.
Hope all goes well on the health front, Moira.

desertskyquilts said...

I love Emmely's cake! Great fabrics you used, too. Those have been fun to see. I guess that is one good place to do XS. It's a small project that you can carry easily, and it doesn't take much to finish it. Those are cute ones! You're probably going to have that scrappy quilt together in another couple days, and I bet your brain is already on to the next thing!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the cake block, it's so very original! Prayers for a speedy recovery and that things go well.

Cyra said...

Lovely to see all of your projects. I can't believe how many you get through in a week, lol.
The donation quilt looks like a great stash-buster, and works up quickly I should think, and has a lovely appeal.
Great job Moira.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Hooray for the T-shirt quilt finish. That was some project!

Moira said...

Thanks everyone. What can I say....I'm single, live alone, clean when I have to .... and sew whenever I can. And it's my stress relief! =)