April 26, 2016

Debra: Arts Fulshear Show

I'm going to measure the success of the Arts Fulshear show based on the advice I was given by one of the artist/teachers/organizers of ArtReach.  In a nutshell he told me I had definitely put in the work and my art should be in galleries and museums.  He told me to get out there now; that I was on the cusp of greatness.  

I was speechless.  

People loved my pieces.  No one referred to them as quilts.  Most comments were along the lines of "gorgeous artwork".

Time to reap the rewards of a lifetime of hard work.  





7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Great set up you had, very colorful too. How great to get all those compliments and encouragements!

Judy S. said...

Nice! What a wonderful bunch of compliments! You must feel great!

Cyra said...

Doing a 'happy dance' for you. So lovely to see your smiling face. It looks like you had a wonderful day there, and such lovely comments on your artworks.
Go Debra, go Debra - you rock.

Moira said...

Sounds like good words to remember and work by to me! Everything is lovely.

Suztats said...

Yay!! Those words must make you feel fabulous! Go! Do it! Cheering you on, Debra!

cq4fun said...

I'm so glad you are receiving recognition. I love the pictures of your booth and you. You look like an artist. =) So now do you make the rounds of galleries?

Dixie Redmond said...

I loved seeing this post. :-). The utility quilt we have from long ago made by you makes me smile every time one of my sons is using it. I like seeing your art quilts all together.