April 19, 2016

Barbara's Embroidered Blouse


Last year I made an embroidered blouse with fabric Debra embroidered for me.  My mom liked in so much, she asked for one of her own for her birthday.

For mom's blouse I sent Debra some bright red poly cotton-- Mom hates to iron--and used the same blouse pattern I used for myself.   My blouse had embroidered sugar skulls in addition to birds, and Mom got flowers, birds, and butterflies for her blouse.


This is a very easy process:  I email Debra and she sends me links to available designs.  Then I send Debra fabric with the places marked where I want the designs, and she mails it back to me ready to sew.  I'm thinking I'll ask Debra to embroider these designs on another batch of fabric so I can make myself a blouse, maybe in black.  They would also make cool pillows.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

It's gorgeous and a great collaboration!

desertskyquilts said...

So pretty! I love this one a lot. Must be a mom thing. =)

Moira said...

Beautiful! The two of you work great together.

Cyra said...

Wow! that is a really strikingly gorgeous blouse. Thanks for the process info too. It's nice to learn how 'things' develop.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Knocked it out of the ballpark!

Suztats said...

This is stunning! I love it.