March 15, 2016

Suz: The Ides of March

Yes, it's the middle of March. Already.
There has been a bit of stitching over the past week:

3 more Dorset Buttons were added to the stash
 Although there was a bit more added to flower #2, it's not enough to show. I did, however, add a darker green to the three top leaves in flower #1. I used whip stitch into the back stitch edging, and I think those leaves no longer seem to disappear.

The wrapping cloth piece in progress. Lots of bullion knots, some french knots, and buttonhole stitch has happened. I shaped the tag and buttonhole lace into a cup. 

There's a bit more stitching to add to this piece.
a closer look at some of the bullion knot edging. Although not shown in this photo, the lace on the wild fabric pocket has now been edged with buttonhole stitch.

I did play with my gelli plate and made a series of gift tags. Unfortunately, the irridescent paint doesn't really show up in the photos.

I may add stamping to some of the tags.

The red amaryllis finally bloomed! 4 large blossoms on this stalk. Isn't she a beauty?

It certainly brightens up the living-room on grey spring days.


That's my week. I hope yours has been a creative and blessed one.

Hugs from Suz

3 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The Dorset buttons are great, especially the heart shaped one.
Great colors on the flower.
Looks like you are still having fun with the wrapping cloth.
Nice tags, I bet those were fun too.
Oh my, I love amaryllis and that one is a beauty.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

One of these days the wrapping cloth will be done??

Suztats said...

Maybe, Debra. ;-O