March 8, 2016

Susan: CQJP2016 for February

Even if I do say so myself, this turned out cute. Getting this done was a big thing. The bird is from one of Jenny's designs and the rest I sketched in and then stitched.

 
Motif7


The bird body is in outline stitch, and the rest of the block is in backstitch.

Seams 13-16 are here, worked from the center to each side, starting with the blue lazy daisy embellishments on the Y stitches. That was close to the Val Bothell Stitch 123, only I embellished more. #14 was inspired by Stitch #122, though mine finished completely differently, because of the space I had.


To the right side, I was inspired by Stitch #151 and, to the left, by Stitch #170. Two triangle areas to go and February's block is finished.

Sorry, Judy, next week the full, finished block.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that birdie!

Suztats said...

Me, too! All nice seams.

ladyhawthorne said...

Cute birdie! I love the seams and the colors you chose.

Moira said...

Love, love, love the birdie. =) All of the colors and seam treatments are great.

Barbara C said...

Beautiful stitching in Spring colors in both pieces!