March 29, 2016

Moira - not to much going on....

Worked on multiple things this past week as I felt up to it.....This last treatment really knocked me for a loop, and I really should have stayed in Casper another night.....but I wanted to get home to my bed.   Didn't really feel 'normal' till Sunday.

Unfortunately for my plans that meant I didn't get a lot done over the weekend thanks to the treatment.  Which to this point means I have not gotten the binding sewn down on the t-shirt quilt, and even worse I realized that I'm going to have to frog-stitch at least part of one side of the binding because the border on teh backing got whopper-jawed when I sewed teh binding down.   Will be working on fixing that Tuesday so that I can work my tail off getting the binding sewn down.

Made one test block for a designer.   Can't show it yet because she hasn't finished the complete series and posted them for sale.  All fabrics were from scraps and I love how it turned out.







I also saw a challenge that Pat Sloan had posted on her blog to make a quilt from the first block in her newest book.  Then posted a pic of it to her link-up to enter the challenge.   Prize for whoever she picks as winner is a couple of precuts of her newest fabric line and a spool of Aurifil thread.  

Because the block was based on triangles I couldn't resist doing the challenge and ended up making 12 of the block she uses in her quilt.   I put them around the outside of the block I used as center medallion for this quilt.   All of the fabrics are scraps from a quilt I made 2 yrs ago, and half of the HST's were already made.   I did have to make HST's for six of the border blocks but those were quick and easy.

Final size is 40" square and I'm going to leave it without a final border.



Did also manage to get two more little cross-stitch mini's finished up while in Casper for the treatment.   They will end up in quilted postcards at some point.


One more day of spring break to go and it'll be back to the fray at school where life is going nuts as things get closer to state competition for the club that I'm lead advisor for.  Have a bunch of work for the PT job at the moment as well, so lots to keep me busy and out of trouble......well maybe....lol.

6 comments:

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Even when you don't feel well, you get more done than most people!

Suztats said...

I was thinking the same as Debra! You might not have completed everything on your list for the week, but you still accomplished a lot.(I never get everything on my list done either, it seems..... lol)
Sorry you had such a rough time with your treatment. I hope you're feeling better now. Hugs

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm with Debra as well. Feel better and take the time you need to be well.
The quilt top is beautiful!

Judy S. said...

Hope you're feeling lots better now! Love that quilt. Your triangles are amazing!

Moira said...

Feeling some better.......learning tho that I've apparently been fighting brain fog from teh chemo as I scrambled to get a serious booboo fixed for school. Ugh..........

Barbara C said...

Good luck with your treatments, you're doing a lot for a person undergoing chemo. That green and cream quilt is lovely.