March 22, 2016

Moira: Lots of sewing....

Did lots of sewing/quilting this past week but don't have pictures of all of it to show for it.   The quilting t-shirt quilt was finished up Sunday.  Binding is made and ready to be pressed (will do that at lunch time today) so that I can get the binding sewn on this afternoon after school.  I've got at least  1 1/2 days up in Casper this week for doctor appts/chemo treatment so I'll be hauling it along with me to work on hand sewing the binding down.   I'm not one for running around the mall or to lots of shops, so this time will be perfect for me to focus on the binding.  I will make a couple of stops, including one at the quilt store so I can pick up fabric for the border on my challenge quilt but that's all the shopping I've got planned for Casper.   And I may not want to be out anyway because there is a storm forecast that could leave way too much snow coming in.  =P

Did get a little cross-stitch piece finished at the last treatment.   It is now in a quilted postcard.   Used up more of the novelty print scraps that I had in a baggie here....that top is now waiting for a decision on what color to use for a final border.  Have another little one in process that I should finish up at the office this week.






Have started working on a pp'd block that I'm testing for another designer.  Pulled the fabrics from my scrap bins and am liking how they are playing together.   Fabrics are shown here, but can't show the block.  












And the last new project I'm thinking about (surprised about me having a new one?) is making either mug rugs or quilted postcards from the little quilter sayings here.   Both would make cute gifts or to sell, but I haven't decided which one I want to do yet.

Spring break starts Thursday this week and goes thru Tuesday next week (yes, it's a wierd school calendar) so I'll be doing lots of commissioned sewing this week and hopefully some stuff for me as well.  =)

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Enjoy your spring break! Sounds like you'll be busy, but I hope you have time for some "me" time as well.

ladyhawthorne said...

I love the quilt top, it reminds me of giant marbles!
I would have a hard time deciding which quote to start with too, I like them all.
I would say slow down and rest on Spring Break, but I know you won't. I can't believe you are even working like this while having chemo.

Suztats said...

Hope the travels goes well with little or no snow. Love those quilter sayings and I agree they'd sell well as mug rugs. Lots of great quilting going on, so enjoy your spring break.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

I'm pretty impressed you're done with the t-shirt quilt. That was a big project!

Cyra said...

Lots going on there I see.
Marbles, yes, I see them in that quilt, lol. Mug rugs would be rather popular for those quotes I think, love them all.

Barbara C said...

Enjoy your Spring break. It will be great to have uninterruped sewing time.

cq4fun said...

For Emmely? I can hardly wait to see that! Your beach ball quilt top looks so fresh and springy - I guess just having all those wonderful colors does that! You've been so busy, but I'm completely not surprised. =)