More progress was made this week on quilting the t-shirt quilt. I've now finished 14 out of 35 block pairs (front/back). I'm doing a combination of stitching around the outside of the block and machine tacking to quilt it.
Have also started this months entry into the block design contest. The design is pp'd and has 192 pieces in the complete block. Have finished half of it at this point. the traditional block we were to work with is the Rail Fence block.
Will upload a pic for the finished block on the 10th and voting starts on the 11th and goes thru the 14th.
If you want to vote, then just click here in that time and if you're logged into Facebook you should see a Vote button. I've been fortunate to win the last two months, but am still waiting for all winnings from last month, and the batting assortment from the month before....sigh.
Also finished up a couple of quilt tops that will be donations. These were made with the scraps of FQ's and other pieces that I'd cut novelty print swatches to sell. All of the fabric in them was out of my scraps except the alphabet fabric used in the ends of the last one - and was a remnant.
On the design "wall" as it were is the setting for the contest blocks so I can start putting that together sooner rather than later. At any rate here are the blocks that I have finished at the present. I still need to go back and design one for the one month that I missed. That block has to be designed from the Ohio Star block.
Have also started working a PT proof-reading job for extra income to help pay bills off. And continuing to collect commissioned jobs, the latest of which are a set of leather knife sheaths. Will be digging out my Singer-99 machine to do that job. Got all of the materials needed for the sheaths last weekend as I was toodling around the state for doctor appointments. And found a really nice, and large(!) quilt shop as I did that. =)