March 8, 2016

Judy~ I Can Still Embroider!

For the past few weeks I've been working on a mystery sock which was the focus of a KAL sponsored by the Knitters Brewing Company. It was one of the more difficult patterns I've ever attempted and the source of quite a bit of frogging.  However, I kept at it and one sock is DONE! (The sock is actually gray, not beige.)



It was supposed to be the "canvas" for embroidery, but I just couldn't bear to put any kind of stitching on the cables.  The heel on this sock was really unique as well; it's created by a series of yarn overs that are then decreased.  One of these days I'll start on sock #2.

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Now that's a designer sock! Very beautiful and functional too.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

It's pretty enough without any embroidery.

Judy S. said...

I agree, but part of the KAL was the embroidery which I tried to keep minimal.

Suztats said...

That's a lovely pattern! Well done!

Moira said...

Lovely sock!

Barbara C said...

That sock is lovely, but I can see why the second one is a "someday" project.

cq4fun said...

I would never have thought to embroider knitted socks, but it is beautiful. Best of luck on finding someday. =)