February 9, 2016

Suz: Paint and Stitch

I finished both roosters on the tea towel.
rooster #1





















And Rooster #2- similar, but not exactly the same....


The tea towel is now ironed and bagged ready for the Fiber Fest.
















Then I completed the stitching on the flying plant. I may add a bit more colour, perhaps in a red- orange shade.





















Now I added more paint to this piece with some fabric paint markers. Add a bit of outline stitch variation in a variegated pink floss and this is the result:
On the left is the original stencil painting in one shade of a greyed pink. This was done in a dry-brush technique.
 As you look from left to right, you can see the different stages of painting with the markers.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with all the stitching completed.








Next in the pile for stitching:

Two initials await needle and thread. They may become wee pin cushions.

I hope to get back to my wrapping cloth pieces soon, but there are a few projects I've been working on that must remain secret for now.

This sunset was outside my kitchen window a couple days ago. I love the warm glow!

Hope you've had a fun and creative week.
Hugs from Suz

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Wonderful projects all. The stencil piece is really coming to life!

cq4fun said...

I really love the rooster tail with the lazy daisy stitches. They are both great, and I love seeing the stages on the Celtic piece.

Moira said...

the rooster turned out sooooooooo cute! the flowing plant is great as well.

Barbara C said...

The stitching really adds depth to your stencil work. And what a gorgeous sunset picture. It really is striking.

Judy S. said...

Gorgeous sunset! Love all your painting projects. Are they part of a class?