February 23, 2016

Barbara's Pink Vest


I'm loving this vest I recently finished.  It's from a free pattern, Hiker's Waistcoat.  The pattern isn't well written, so it requires some adaptation and decision-making on the part of the knitter.


I only did minimal shaping compared to what the pattern dictates, but I don't like my clothes to be overly fitted.  This version is very wearable.


The yarn I used was reclaimed from a thrift store wool Gap sweater, so it was an extra-thrifty project.  I like this polka dot ribbon I found to reinforce the button bands.   I think I needed some Spring color to wear, especially since we're getting another wave of rainy storms.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

Very pretty in pink! Love the sweater.

Moira said...

Beautiful sweater. Love that you used the yarn from the thrift store find to make it.

ladyhawthorne said...

Beautiful vest and you look smashing in pink!

cq4fun said...

How wonderful that you could make something so pretty and spring-like from a thrift store find! I like the picture of you wearing it very much. You're much better at selfies than I am!

Judy S. said...

Awesome job on the vest! It looks great on you, too. Love the polka dot ribbon, too. It adds a nice touch.

lotta joy said...

Knitting ties me in nervous knots. I'm not that fast, and I'm always in a huge hurry to see the finished product.