February 16, 2016

Angela ~ Babies!

Tomato babies that is!

I've not had good luck trying to start seeds in a pot, so this year I bought some Jiffy peat pellets.
Success!  The row on the left is Texas Wild tomatoes, red about the size of a golf ball.  The next row is Ole Timey Yellow, the first one to pop up.  The 2 rows on the right are Mexican Calabash and Arkansas Traveler which are a little slower to start.
Sorry no stitching to show this week, however I did do some seam repairs for Mom and undie repairs for me.  Why can't they make ladies undies more sturdy?  Anyway I didn't think it would make for interesting photos.

5 comments:

Suztats said...

Nice tomato starters. I'll be staring my seeds in March. Good eating ahead.......

cq4fun said...

The tomatoes are very interesting, though! LOL Are you going to transplant in the ground or into pots? I love those jiffy pots, myself. I have friends who just cut apart the cardboard egg cartons and put in their own dirt, but I always like these things. Maybe I just like to watch them expand when you wet them!

Judy S. said...

Fun! I thought they were coconuts. Tomatoes are hard to grow in WA although last summer was when everyone should have tried as it was the sunniest since we arrived in 1977.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm thinking I will have to plant these in small pots because we aren't past the last freeze until the last week of March. But I have certainly gotten a much better germination rate than the past 2 years. I think I will keep using the Jiffy pellets.

Moira said...

Looks like lots of good eating ahead for you!