January 12, 2016

Moira: Scrappy Quilts, Mug Rugs and Contest Block

This past week was a rough one thanks to being really sick with a sinus infection/bronchitis/larygitis combination and bloodwork results being off.    Ugh.....don't want to do that again.  So life style changes are coming including actually changing my diet and eating a lot healthier.   But that is besides the point.

I did manage to get the green HST quilt top finished up in-spite of not being able to follow my hand drawn sketch.   Lots of frog-stitching went on with it!   It's now ready to layer and baste so I can quilt it.  Final size of the top was 55" by 66" and used all of the extra HST's (190+) I had made from the scraps of the wedding quilt last year.





I also started 5 more mug rugs / snack mats.   One of which has already been sold to my aunt who wants to give it to her sister.  =)  She told me to pick which one because loves them all and I'm thinking of the red/cream checkerboard one at the moment......









And the final thing that I managed to get done over the weekend was to make my contest block for the Modern Quilts Block Contest.  My block is called "Chevrons in the Wind".   Voting has started and runs through the 14th.   If interested you can vote here, but you do need a facebook account to do so.   If you decide to vote for my block, thanks in advance!

8 comments:

cq4fun said...

Lots of lovely accomplishment, even not feeling well. I like the one you picked, but I can understand why she'd have a hard time choosing one. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

They are all wonderful projects. I voted for your quilt block, it's the prettiest one in the bunch!

Barbara C said...

I hope you're feeling better. Your mug rugs are the best.

Moira said...

Thanks for the vote!

Am slowly feeling better, but regressed a little yesterday because I had to be outside with my students doing some testing for a class project. And it was very cold and very very windy here. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

One of your prettiest blocks to date.

Moira said...

Thanks!

Judy S. said...

Hope you're feeling lots better by now. You certainly were productive while sick! Now to got vote. Hope your weekend's a good one.

Judy S. said...

Hmmm.....I followed your link, but it connects to rules for the Feb. Contest? Did some searching but can't find where to vote.....or I would.