Was in Arizona for 10 days on Christmas vacation. Had a great time spending time with family and friends. Got my eyes checked out (and a new prescription!), finally got into the smart phone age with a new phone and carrier, and enjoyed lots of good meals.
Unfortunately I also managed to have the dratted sinus infection that I'd been fighting before leaving rebound on me with more force than before. So it is back to the doctor for me and trying to figure out how to knock this dratted thing once and for all. Unfortunately this time it has also hit the vocal cords and I have laryngitis on top of everything with the sinuses. So I can only manage to talk at a bare whisper........makes teaching so much fun to say the least!
All of the green and cream fabrics in this quilt were made with the leftovers of a wedding quilt I made back in 2014 for my nephew. The pink was from leftovers from one of the many scrub tops that I've made over the years. As it is now, the quilt top is 48" square. And it is already sold as well - a quilting friend is buying it from me. I just need to enlarge it to approximately 50 by 60 inches.
The current plan is to put a border around the outside of this center that is 3.5" squares of the neutrals. I'll then add borders to the top and bottom (also surrounded by the neutrals) to increase the length. I've got a little more of the pink left that I want to incorporate in the borders, so I need to look at block design possibilities - Maybe churn dashes or smaller stars. Have some 2.5" HST's that I can use for the border blocks.
Once this is in progress for the borders, then it will be onto prepping the t-shirts for the commissioned quilt that is next up on my plate for January and February. Oh and making my entry block for the competition as well....lol.