This is my scarf. Not too long ago I got distracted while ironing it and gave it a big scorch. I decided to experiment with raw edge work on it. I had already embroidered the ends a few years ago so that helped me decide the color scheme. Here it is stretched on the longarm. Last night I stitched the beginning rows. Once I cover the scorch, I may skip an area before adding more strips. Otherwise, it could take a long time to cover the scarf. It's kinda long!
I have about 4 or 5 large boxes of small strips so I'm challenging myself in 2016 to work them into lots of raw edge work. Before I got heavy handed buying more scarves, I thought it would be prudent to work up the ones I own now to see if the idea is even worth pursuing. Ideas are like that. Sometimes they seem so good in theory and pathetic in actuality!