January 19, 2016

Barbara's Pencil Pouches


My daughter was home between semesters at college and asked for a new pencil pouch.  I was, of course, happy to oblige.

These were made from a tutorial on the Simply Notable blog.  The instructions are crystal clear, and it was fun to let Allie pick from my stash of quirky fabrics.


These can be made with three coordinated fabrics-- the pouch is fully lined--so this is a scrap-friendly project.  Looking for zip pulls in my embellishment stash was also fun.  I may make more of these for gifts.  I'll be scouting the thrift stores for 9" zippers.

3 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

What a great project! I bet you could use them for more than pencils. It would be great for those that use makeup, little stuff when traveling, etc. Those sugar skulls are fun.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Good idea for your novelty fabrics!

cq4fun said...

Those are wonderful, and useful, too. It doesn't seem so much like the nerdy pencil pouch when it has colorful skulls on it. ;) I think they'd make great gifts, or even to sell in an etsy shop.