December 8, 2015

Moira - Running late again....

You know there might be a reason why my nickname is "Snail"........lol.........well actually it's not because I can't seem to get my postings written on time, but that's a tale for another day.

A couple more finishes this week for Christmas gifts - pillowcases for the nieces and an appliqued sweatshirt for my mom.    Two similar sweatshirts are in the works for my GF's husband.

Also managed to get two sample blocks made for the block contest I'm participating in.  This month's traditional block was the bowtie block.   Still need to get my entry block done for this month because it has to be uploaded no later than the 10th.   Am planning on working on that block tonite.  

In the works is a double-sided quilt that I've been commissioned to make by a fan of the Phildelphia Flyers.  Should be fairly simple to do once we get the design and size nailed down.  Size right now is approx. 77 inches by 107 inches!  thankfully the customer is willing to pay for quality or I wouldn't be doing it.....lol.....   The quilt, along with the rest of his man-cave, will be showcased in some sort of competition next July, as well as in some of his FB groups.   Hoping I can pick up additional work to help make some extra money to pay down on the bills since there is not an opportunity for a second job here in town.  Colors will be orange (lots of it!!!), black and white.   Aren't you glad you aren't doing it Susan?







6 comments:

Barbara C said...

Good luck with your commissioned quilt. It sounds like a big job. Your yellow bowtie is so pretty! I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Moira said...

Thanks Barbara. The biggest headache on the commissioned quilt will be matching the two sides up for quilting. Piecing the sides should be a piece of cake or close to it. Thankfully the guy does not want it heavily quilted.

The bowtie block is a design that I came up with and plays off of dresdan plate sections. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Those bowties are wonderful, I especially like the pattern of the yellow one. Much luck with the quilt commission!

cq4fun said...

I have to say yes, I'm glad I'm not doing it, though orange is better than pink! There's a lot of UT orange around here all year long. Best of luck with your Bow Tie block this month!

Suztats said...

Love the turquoise pillowcase. Sounds like you have a full plate. Hope the commission goes smoothly. I like the yellow bowtie, too.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

My vote for the yellow bowtie.

Having finished a few t-shirt quilts this season, I, too, am thankful for the business!