December 1, 2015

Judy ~ Passing on the Craft and a Little Knitting, Too.

Last summer this little lady started learning how to embroider with the help of Hoop-a-Loops,  (Thank you, Susan!) and when we were visiting last fall, she finished her second piece of stitching which I brought home to make into a pillow. And finish it  I did, finally, this past week with the help of some perfect fabric that I found at one of the quilt show boutiques and a great button and some dark green piping courtesy of JoAnn's. 


Said pillow is winging its way to the Midwest.  I hope she likes it.


The fabric! (The bow below is the correct color.)


Can you see the turtle button?  This project was more difficult than the first one, and I think she did a great job, don't you?


Meanwhile, I finished another hat which should fit the intended recipient much better than the last one!  Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  The countdown to Christmas begins tomorrow, so I need to get back to work. Ciao!

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

I love the stitchery and that's a great pillow! Thanks for sharing that.

ladyhawthorne said...

She should be very proud of her stitching and you made it into a wonderful pillow. Cute hat too!

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Super stitching! She's a natural!

Barbara C said...

She obviously inherited her stitching talent from you. How great to pass on the passion for stitching. That's a great photo of her in action.

Suztats said...

I bet she'll love the pillow! Passing on skills is a wonderful gift. Love the hat.

Moira said...

So much fun to see the next generation learning the skills that we learned long ago. I love the fabric you used for the backing....where did you get it? I'd love to have a piece to put in my snail quilt for myself....